Thursday, September 4, 2014

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, Ohio

Remember how I said I was a huge music junkie? Well, walking into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was like the holy grail for any music lover! The museum is packed FULL of memorabilia from so many wonderful artists who have helped shaped music in so many different ways. You are not allowed to take pictures when you go inside of the museum, so unfortunately all I have are picture from the outside and many memories from the inside! I went back in 2008 so my memories are a little fuzzy. I do remember seeing some of the memorabilia and thinking "Wow, I can't believe that they have this here!"

This place isn't like your everyday Hard Rock CafĂ© (which I do love and all of those are awesome!) The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has so many different items from musical instruments (Nirvana guitar, Johnny Cash's guitar), vehicles (Janis Joplin's Porsche), clothing items (Michael Jackson's "Thriller" jacket and "Billie Jean" sequined glove), old recording equipment (from Sun Studio in Memphis), as well as a small area dedicated to modern day music. When I was there, they had a section dedicated to High School Musical and the Jonas Brothers. The museum also will have a special exhibit for a particular recording artist or band or some other specific element of music. Back in April of 2008 during my visit, it was Bruce Springsteen.

Since unfortunately I do not have pictures of any of the exhibits inside, I can only share with you the website in hopes that you will be intrigued to visit this amazing museum! After doing some research online, I am eager to go back and visit myself!

Visit www.rockhall.com for more information including hours of operation, prices, directions, and current exhibit information.


 
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in located in Cleveland, Ohio along Lake Erie. The official address to the museum is 1100 E 9th Street. The museum is also a very short walk from FirstEnergy Stadium; home of the Cleveland Browns!

No comments:

Post a Comment