Sunday, September 14, 2014

Olympic Torch Tower, Atanta, Georgia

A few years ago I went on a small road trip to the Carolinas and on my way, I drove through Atlanta, Georgia. It was pouring down rain so I didn't stop to really take in all that this major southern city has to offer. When driving through, I noticed this torch and knew that the Olympics were held here in 1996.

This Olympic Torch Tower was a tourist attraction years ago with an observation deck and a gift shop. However, it has since closed due to lack of interest. You can see the torch as you are driving down I-75.

There are several venues still in Atlanta that were used for the Summer 1996 Olympics. Unfortunately, all I was able to see was the torch but still thought it was cool because hey! I remember those Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment