Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Grateful Dead House, San Francisco, California

I'm a BIG music junkie. I always have been! I love exploring new genres, bands, artists, everything! I love going to concerts and I even recently attended my first big music festival: Coachella!

So the reason for my small background in music is that you will find that I love to visit historical music sites. It could be anything from a venue to a recording studio to a grave.

Back in January of 2014, I visited the Grateful Dead house in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco! Several members of the band (including Jerry Garcia) and other associates lived here during the 60's. In 1967, police came and arrested the residents for marijuana possession on the property. Lucky for Garcia, he wasn't home at the time! The band moved out of the house in March of 1968 but not without a farewell concert performed in the back of a flatbed truck!



The house is located on 710 Ashbury in San Francisco, California. There's insignia on the sidewalk in front of the house that you can locate to help you identify the house. It's only a short walk from the main area of the Haight and Ashbury district. This is one of my favorite parts of the city and I highly recommend it for the inner hippie in all of us!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment