Tuesday, September 16, 2014

10 Travel Facts about Me

1. I've been to 42 states. It was my goal to see all 50 by 30, and I'm SO close! So, we shall see what happens!

2. I've also been to Canada, The Bahamas, Japan, France, and Germany. I've never been to Mexico, but I've seen it on numerous occasions.

3. My first time on an airplane, I was 8. I flew to Hawaii with my mom, grandma, and aunt.

4. I have this theory that if you've been somewhere three times, then you are a lifetime member. So far, I am a lifetime member of Graceland, Alcatraz, Winchester Mystery House, Tao Restaurant in Las Vegas, and a few other random places. The rules are simple. As long as you've been somewhere three times that you wouldn't normally visit, then you are a lifetime member! So, even though I've been to places like Disneyland and Las Vegas numerous times, they don't count for me because they are places that I enjoy visiting often.

5. I always have my camera on me. Not my iPhone camera, but an actual digital camera. You never know what you may come across on a road trip and you should always be camera ready!

6. I have a small travel kit that is always fully stocked with everything I need. I can be ready to go at any minute someone says "let's go!" Instead of packing before I go someplace, I restock when I return home so that way I'm always ready to go!

7. My first time going out of state, I was two years old. My parents took me to Arizona, New Mexico, and Las Vegas. Go figure.

8. I absolutely love taking pictures in front of "Welcome to (state's name)" signs. I TRY to do it everywhere I go. I have so many from the time I was a kid!

9. When we were younger, my mom had an RV and she would load up me, my brothers, and my grandma and they would pick a destination and we would just start driving! Some of the destinations have been Vancouver, Mount Rushmore, Nashville, New Orleans, and St. Louis. This is a big part of my life growing up and I firmly believe that this is where my brothers and I get our independence and sense of adventure.

10. I can find anything anywhere interesting. I can find some sort of infamous event, a historical piece of trivia, a famous grave, or any other type of pop-culture phenomenon that happened. I love to read up on the event and then go and do some exploring! Reading is the BEST way to not miss anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment